I bought the book #GIRLBOSS a few months ago, started reading it on a trip I took back in December but didn’t make it past page 20 something. I was texting with my sister this weekend and she texted me about a new show on Netflix called Girlboss saying I HAD to watch it. “It’s only one season!!” I found myself with not a lot to do (or in actuality just being lazy) so I decided to check it out. I was half way through the first episode when I thought to myself, “Damn this sounds really familiar….” Turns out, the book and the show are related. I ended up finishing the entire series in one day and restarting the book that night, which I plan to finish within the next few weeks. Watching the show and reading the book has gotten me inspired, so here I am writing this post. This isn’t really going to be a #girlboss post, it’ll be more along the lines of owning every single day and making it as good as possible. This is #MotivationMonday and how to have a good & productive day everyday!
Here are 8 steps to help ensure you have a good & productive day every day! (And yes, it is possible). These are tips and tricks I do to help ensure I make the most out of my time each day and I hope they can help you as well!
- Start (and end) each day with a grateful heart. Anybody who knows me knows that I am all about gratitude. I think expressing gratitude in any way every single day is so important. Not only goes it put grateful vibes back into the universe (so you’ll have more to be grateful about) it also makes to reflect every day for all the good you have. And it is so important to be conscious of the good things, especially when it is so easy to focus solely on the negative.
- Make your bed. Wow, I can not believe I just wrote those as words of advice. For 20 years I was a firm believe that making the bed was a waste of time! My parents would always be getting onto me about it growing up, I was forced to make my bed every morning when I was in Basic Training, and it was an unspoken rule that your bed should be made while I was living in on base housing (dorms). I use to never make my bed, ever. I LOVED coming home after a long day of school and cozying up in my warm toasty bed. Within the past few months I have made the effort to make my bed every morning before heading to work. Doing this allows for a much more productive day when I get home in the afternoon. If my bed isn’t made I am much more tempted to lay down and be lazy until bedtime. If my bed is made I am much more likely to be a #girlboss and get shit done!
- Do (at least) one thing every day that makes you happy. Wether that be chatting with a friend, getting a coffee from your favorite coffee shop, working out, reading a book, whatever it may be, make time for it every day. I love to be outside in the sun which is something I am trying to do more often. I love writing for this blog, which is something I try to do multiple times a week, I love reading but never make time for it. So I am trying to read more books this year. (So far I’ve only read one book in 5.5 months).
- Drink water. You may be thinking this is a stupid tip for having a good day everyday but hydration is honestly so important. Your body NEEDS water, they more water you give your body the happier you will be, and feel for that matter. I can be so bad about drinking enough water every day. When I am very well hydrated I feel on top of my game, I am much more focused, I feel more energized, I feel more healthy. My body just feels good. When I am not hydrated I have a massive headache, my body feels bloated and uncomfortable, I feel groggy and foggy and fatigue. I basically don’t want to do anything but lay in bed. So drink water.
- Get inspired. One thing I have really been into recently is podcasts. I like to listen to them while I get ready in the morning, I like to listen to them when I drive for a long time, I like to listen to them when I’m cleaning. One I have really been into is called, “Guys We Fuck”. It’s an anti-slut shaming podcast hosted by two women, Corinne and Krystyna and its full of humor, sex, feminism, politics, and everything in between. 10/10 would recommend to a friend! But even more recently than that I’ve gotten into listen to motivational speeches on YouTube in the mornings as I get ready for work. It gets me pumped up for the day, and life in general, and helps keep my mind on track to conquer all the goals I have set for myself.
- Make a to-do list. I loveee making lists, of any kind. Making a daily to-do list helps keep me focused and on track for what I want to accomplish each day. It helps me stay motivated and in control and sort of plan things out. Being productive and marking an item off your checklist is such a good feelings that will keep that motivation going so you can have a good & productive day everyday.
- Prepare the night before. For me, this includes getting my gym bag and my lunch box ready for the next day. Cooking and preparing my lunch the night before ensures that 1- I will stay on track with my goals (e.i eat healthy, save money, ect) and 2- be less stressed or rushed in the morning! I don’t care how tired you are at the end of the day, take the time to prepare and pack your bag for the following day. You will never regret it in the morning if you do, you will always regret it in the morning if you don’t.
- Get enough sleep. I hear far too many people saying (and believing) that “sleep is for the weak” or “I can sleep when I’m dead” but getting a good nights rest, of adequate rest, is so important. It allows you to shut and re-charge so you can wake up in the morning ready to tackle the day. Nobody likes waking up tired and exhausted or having to rely on 9 cups of coffee to get you through the morning. So make it a priority to get enough sleep. The amount of sleep one needs to fully recover is different for everyone, so listen to your body. Stop staying up til 3am watching Netflix. Shut down, power off, and rest.
I’m sure there are many more tips and tricks I could share with you about how to improve your days but these 8 seem pretty good and fitting for now. At the end of the day (or I guess rather the morning), you get to decided whether you’ll have a good day or a bad day. The choice is up to you. Hopefully these tips can be an aid and contribution into ensuring you have a good & productive day everyday!
AND HAPPY MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY! It’s been a while since I’ve done one!