Hello! And welcome to Be the Sunshinee! If you’re brand new, welcome! I hope you’ll decide to stay 🙂 and if you’re a reoccurring visitor, welcome back!
Last week was my 23rd birthday #JordanYear! I really can not believe I’m 23 years old. I know that is still so young but for some reason it just sounds so old to me! Anyway, today I wanted to share 23 super random facts about me that you may or may not know!
- Yes, I was born on leap day! So my birthday is February 29th. But since that date only comes around every 4 years I always celebrate my birthday on the 28th because I am a February baby! I am “technically” *insert eye roll* only 5 and 3/4 but next year is a leap year so I will officially be 6!
- My life and my blog is all about positivity and spreading gratitude but I used to be the most negative person and a total mean girl in high school! I was also a cheerleader but despite what I just shared, I was not your typical mean girl cheerleader. I was just a mean girl who was also a cheerleader.
- I hate being the center of attention. Like hate hate double hate loathhhhh entirely.
- If you got that reference then we should be bestfriends because ya girl is a Christmas fanatic! Seriously, I am the Christmas QUEEN. Only 293 sleeps!!
- I have this nasty ratty old Winnie the Pooh teddy bear that I’ve had since the day I came home from the hospital as a wee little baby. I still have it to this day. It sits on my bed every day and I sleep with it every night. Sometimes Andrew tries to steal him but I always get him back!
- Lavender has been my favorite color for years, but over the past few months I have developed a newly found love for yellow.
- Sunflowers. I’m obsessed.
- I have 4 tattoos currently and will most likely get my 6th (possibly even a 7th) this year. Hopefully sooner rather than later. I’m craving some new ink.
- If I wasn’t in the military I would have my right year pierced all the way up, as many holes as I could, from my lobe all the way up to my cartilage.
- I have baby fever. Like real bad, totally legit, 100% real BABY FEVER. I want a baby like 2 years ago. But all in perfect timing will I be a mama (to a human).
- I am already a fur mama and it is my favorite title to flaunt.
- I’m also a big sister, daughter, grand-daughter, great grand daughter, girlfriend, mentor, cousin, niece, aunt (love you baby K), bestfriend, regular friend, work friend, co-worker, and self-proclaimed shopaholic.
- I love carbs. In any size or shape, although my favorites would have to be pasta and bread. Give me allll the pasta and bread.
- My family has always had an odd obsession with poop. Growing up we had so many different dittys about poop. One that comes to mind right now is, “Spots on the wall by who flung poo.” Now Andrew and I talk about poop all the time.
- I used to think hats looked really ugly on me and that I couldn’t pull them off. Now I have a whole collection.
- I live for quotes. I have a huge ass list in the notes section on my phone that I’ve been creating since high school. I also have over 560 quotes pinned on my Pinterest.
- I decided hoop earrings are going to be my thing this year and so far I’ve been loving it!
- I can be so up tight. Especially when it comes to my home. I like everything to be in its designated place. Everything neat, tidy, and organized. I probably picked up that habit from my mama.
- I can watch Criminal Minds and Law & Order SVU on repeat for the rest of my life and be content.
- I got braces when I was 8 years old (super young) and an expander because my mouth was too little for my adult teeth to grow in (my parents had a good laugh at that one, “You are such a big mouth, I don’t know what they’re talking about!” I’ve also never had a cavity in my entire life! Also, I don’t believe in flossing.
- I also used to not believe in making the bed and now I think it’s one of the most important things I can do to have a good day. So who knows, maybe next year you’ll check in and learn that flossing is now important.
- I am the biggest scardy cat in the WORLD. It gets so much worse at night. When I go to bed alone I always fall asleep with a kids movie on.
- Last but not least, the 23rd fact about me. I’m winging it just like everybody else. Just like you. I’ve always had this internal battle with myself that because I believe so strongly in the power of positive and I preach it like it’s nobody’s business that I’m not allowed to be sad or have off days. I sometimes feel like if I am having an off day that I’m being “fake” or letting people down. But at the same time, I know bad days are necessary and unavoidable. Regardless, I just want to be happy and make everybody around me happy too.
Well, that’s all folks! Thank you so much for tuning in and if you made it all the way to the end drop a comment telling me which fact interested you the most AND let me something about yourself!
Spread kindness, love, & gratitude like wildfire.